Wednesday 19 April 2017

Hector Cephas; Legio Custodes Gyrfalcon Jetbike unboxing

Hi guys,

The postman came today and delivered me my next batch of Forge World goodness and I figured I may as well do an unboxing video to show you all what the new Legio Custodes jetbike looks like as a kit.

I've got to say, it looks like a beautiful kit, quite simple to build and if you've built a Legio Astartes jetbike before now, you'll probably zoom through the assembly without the instruction leaflet.


Much like all the recent kits, you get a full colour-coded instruction manual with step-by-step instructions with how to build your new jetbike. One think I almost overlooked previously at the weekender but it more apparent now I have the kit is the fact that the legs and arms are modeled with some kind of fabric over them - a minor detail but I like the fact that they've done that as it make sense that they would cover their ornate armour to protect it from particulate damage given the speeds these bikes would be flying at; very cool indeed!


Without any further ado, the Custodian biker. Very straight forward, you should hopefully notice the fabric over the legs at least. The chest plate and pauldrons are not covered so you get your usual intricately detailed armour pieces. One thing you may have noticed is that is that there are 3 arms here - this is one of the parts of the kit where you have optional parts though this one is just for personal preference; I'm unsure whether I will model mine with the power lances or not but it's great that we have the option (also, the power lance part of the bikers default wargear so modeling your biker without one should not leave you at a disadvantage in my opinion).


And now the jetbike itself! No surprises here really - front section, rear section, engine/exhaust section to connect the two sections together and then all the frills around it to make it a bike and it is beautifully detailed - I'm an absolute sucker for little things like the controls for the bike on the main fuselage and the centre console. Another thing I like about this kit is how simple it should be to magnetise the weapon systems for the bike so you can pick and choose your load out without compromising. I personally like the Adrathic Devastator - it looks nasty and packs a wallop when used on enemy armour and infantry alike - but all the options are worth considering so I'll be magnetising mine for sure.

I really like this kit and I'm looking forward to fielding them with the rest of my Custodian Guard in the future!

Let me know what you think of the kit and would you guys be interested in an unboxing post for the Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought kit too?

Until next time!

Hector Cephas

5 comments:

  1. I'm all for more posts. Un box that baby on up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do the Resin shoulder pads and torso stand up to the plastic kits GW do? Same size?

      Delete
    2. I'll check when I start building my Sagittarum Guard :)

      Delete
  2. Never bad to have an unboxing. :)

    ReplyDelete